Ron B.

Well Known Member
Of course I chose Sunday to try this, so no help is available. I'm setting up my SV-XPNDR-261 to my Skyview and on page 11-15 it tell you the following to which I bid but that was over four hours ago and the unit is still loading up the numbers are all counting up and the top one has started over I do believe. I've searched the forums and found one guy that had turned his unit off during this setup and had to send his unit back to Dynon.
The following instructions were followed to the best of my knowledge.
Got to Set up menu>system setup>serial port set up, then select port I used port #1 then it asked which XPNDR I have the SV-XPNDR-261 and then it says Accept and it's been running like this for going on five hrs.
Anyone have any help for me? Thanks for reading.
Ron

What are you trying to do? Simply verify that it's communicating with the Skyview system, or are you actively trying to upload new firmware to it?

ETA: OK, I see what you're talking about in the manual now.

You're looking at the message count for the serial comm to the XPDR. Since the Skyview is communicating with the XPDR, those are counts of messages between the two, and they're being updated. Sounds like it's fine to me. Press ACCEPT and move on to the next page, to configure the XPDR data for your plane.

N.B. IF you need to do a firmware update to the XPDR, READ EVERYTHING FIRST, and yes, if you lose power to it while it's updating and before it's done, it will have to go back to the factory.

Last edited: