RickWoodall

Well Known Member
With the economy and markets as they are... i am very interested in seeing what kind of deals are available this year. Hoping for Vans LYCOMING x deal to be as good or better then last year. Fat chance i know.

Anyone there care to post what good deals they fine would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks

I had gone all through vans website and couldnt find this link. Thanks for the post. Seem lyco is not starving and giving away product yet. Bummer.:mad:

Which is good

The only thing a starving company that is giving away products is going to do is put them out of business.

giving away

I was not expecting them to literally be giving them away.

$22-$25K for a 160-200 hp engine is hardly a big promo. Just had hoped there would be a few "incentives" this year to stimulate sales. With all the kits for sale, i cannot believe the engine guys are having a bumper year. A grand or two off last years price might get a few of us to pull the trigger. Just hoped but...no dice.

22-25K for new engine

22-25 seems pretty good compared to what my hangar mate paid for his IO-360 years back. He said he was up in the 28K range.

Why use a lycoming

Ok, I know all the standard reasons given for using a lycoming but there are proven alternatives. If lycoming was the only way to power a small aircraft I would not be building. Too expensive. Belted Air Power in North Las Vegas Nevada has a proven firewall forward package that seems to me like a better power solution even if it wasn't less than half the cost of a lyc. No concerns regarding shock cooling, prop can be idled and used as an air brake during landing and engine maintainence cost a small fraction of the lyc. I'm not affiliated with BAP in any way. I'm just going to use their PSRU and recommended engine in my Mustang II.

AeroLEDs has our 1600 lights for $249 at Sun n Fun. Stop by the Aviat booth and ask for Nate. There are discounts for other products as well.

Special Still Good???

Missed you at the booth... any chance we could still get the $249 special on the 1600's if we order in the next day or two?

Ok, I know all the standard reasons given for using a lycoming but there are proven alternatives. If lycoming was the only way to power a small aircraft I would not be building. Too expensive. Belted Air Power in North Las Vegas Nevada has a proven firewall forward package that seems to me like a better power solution even if it wasn't less than half the cost of a lyc. No concerns regarding shock cooling, prop can be idled and used as an air brake during landing and engine maintainence cost a small fraction of the lyc. I'm not affiliated with BAP in any way. I'm just going to use their PSRU and recommended engine in my Mustang II.
I agree there are good alternatives but unforunatelly , as good as they are, when the time comes to sell you take a big loss with a "non aircraft engine"
Just my 2c.

Ooops, this thread is about specials...

22-25 seems pretty good compared to what my hangar mate paid for his IO-360 years back. He said he was up in the 28K range.

I paid 22.7k for my Superior XP-IO-360 with forward induction.
Lycoming doesn't have to offer deals while their competion erodes.