N282RV

Well Known Member
I think enough time has past since the unfortunate storm in Lakeland. I rode it out in the trade a plane hangar. Our booth tent departed it's moorings and was destroyed. And a note on the power of the tent as it flew, we Drove spikes that weighed about 40 lbs each and are 4 foot long about 3 ft into the ground. It pulled one of these and flew with it swinging from the straps to its new location about 70 ft away and DROVE it back in the ground!!!! Just like it was put there with a sledge hammer! WOW!
Luckily the RAF tent was spared from our spike welding tent by one of the light posts. They had stayed in their tent and there is video on their web site www.theraf.org of the husky breaking loose and "flying". Surely things could have been much much worse than they were with no loss of life.
All that said....i need an engine for my project. I know there were rv's mortally wounded that day and possibly engines that could live to fly another day. I assume the insurance companys will own most of it but how to track that all down i don't know. So if anyone has an engine/prop that would be for sale i would like to hear about it. I currently have a basket case o320 that i have been collecting parts for. Need cylinders. But for a good opportunity i may change direction. Any info appreciated.
Condolences to those who lost these things we toil over for so long. I felt a pit in my stomach when i saw all the homebuilts that were destroyed. Not the same feeling when i saw factory planes in the same sitution.
So again not being rude but if i could get my project flying sooner by getting a transplant I would be grateful.