AltonD

Well Known Member
Sun 'N Fun Lake Parker Arrival 2014 Video

My trip to Sun 'N fun Tuesday, April 1, 2014
No idea why I was told to speed it up, I was doing 4 knots greater than the published speed. Maybe the guy behind me was too fast.
I was kind of surprised to see a long string of airplanes behind me when I made the turn to final.
0900-0930 CST is the perfect arrival time. I have never held when I get there at that time.

http://youtu.be/jKaA6x_sXXg

Last edited:
Alton, thanks for the video. It was interesting listening to the controller giving all the instructions and everyone else just listening. With so many coming in so quickly, they sure have it figured out. I thought it was pretty funny with the pattern speed being 100 - that is top speed of so many of the planes!

Have fun while you are there. I was there last year, but couldn't get away this year.

Nice Vid

Thanks for the nice video Alton! For me, flying into the show is the "Fun" in Sun N Fun. The show was great this year, and flying in was an excellent experience as always!

Thanks for the video! This was my 8th year flying in and there always seems to be someone who comes on the frequency and says "unfamiliar with the procedure, what should I do?" This has to pi## off the controllers and I can only imagine what they say to each other when the mic is off.

Nothing like announcing to the world, "I did not read the NOTAMS". I am pretty sure that is a violation of the FARs.

video

Alton,

Your video is really good and could help a few in the arrival line if they would take time to watch it. I am always surprised at the number of pilots that fly in to Sun n Fun that do not take time to read the NOTAM and taxi/park procedures. Your video covers the whole process. Thanks.

Thanks David. I actually have the thing all the way to engine shutdown, but it gets pretty boring after putting the sign in the window.

Maybe I will get the opportunity to do an OSH arrival from FISK.

For some reason I thought you had a taildragger and I about had a heart attack when you reached down to get the HBC sign to put in the windshield.

For some reason this arrival is more stressful than OSH to me. Your video makes it seem so easy.

Nope, training wheels for me.

It helps to be first in line. I fly to a point three miles east of Lake Parker - power plant.