kevinh

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if chute vendors offer deals during SnF? I'm not going, but I hope I can call one of these vendors during the show and get the show price.

This will be my first visit to SnF, so I'm not sure if the manufacturers will offer discounts... one can only assume. This post is from a skydivers standpoint, as I spent 16yrs jumping out of planes before I decided to build one.

A quick glance at the SnF vendor list & I only see 2 chute manufacturers: Strong Enterprises and Para-Phernalia, Inc. I don't know anything about the latter, but Strong has been in the business for a long time. I've never bought anything from them though.

As a general note aside from SnF, its usually in your best interest to find a local dealer/rigger and buy through them (some skydiving equipment dealers deal in pilot emergency rigs also). Believe it or not, parachutes and skydiving systems (and I assume pilot emergency systems since they sometimes come from the same manufacturers) are one of the few things that I've ALWAYS been able to get cheaper from a face to face dealer than on the internet (I've bought 6... or was it 7 :rolleyes: ). There is usually a standard markdown of ~ 15-20% from the manufacturers list price, but there's always a dealer somewhere that is willing to give you another 5 (and sometimes 10%) more, especially if they know they'll be getting your rigging business also.

Not sure if it helps, but that's my 2 pennies.

Oh, another vendor I came across:
National Parachute Industries

I have 2 of em

I have 2 new in bag units for the RV series.
http://www.strongparachutes.com/ParaCushionBack311.html
Paracushion311.jpg

Exact colors you see. One has been worn about 4 times, the other never.
Both Bought at SnF 3 years ago.
Good as new. Never deployed :) or repacked.

Never consiederd selling em till you mentioned it.
If interested,e-mail me direct. Ill sell em for 70 cents on the dollar.
Dont remember what I paid for em. Gonna have to look it up.

[email protected]

Last edited: