hydroguy2

Well Known Member
I've been bustin' my hump at work lately. 1 day off since I got home from OSH. Luckily I used that day wisely and flew last Saturday. Then had a long hard maintenance DAM shutdown this past week.

So when Kurt K RV-6A and Bison Mountain Bags owner sent me a message a few days ago about a the first ever Fly-in breakfast at (9S4)Superior MT, I passed. Told him that IF I could off work, I most likely would be in no shape to fly. Then Hans(nucleus) RV-6A owner called last night I told him the same thing, but I did get the morning off and I might take a trip or two around the patch. Completely beat, I crashed early but woke up so fresh I couldn't believe it.

0645, On the way to the airport I called Kurt, he was already in the plane in Bozeman warming up the engine. Told him I'd try to catch up. (He was 2 ship with a DA-20) I had to fuel up and add oil, etc. Took off at least 30 minutes behind them, but had a little shorter route. Once I cleared HLN airspace, I went to 122.75. "anyone heading to Superior for pancakes" Kurt fired back: "yep, see ya there, we're approaching Missoula". I told him I was probably 20+minutes behind him. He said he was throttled back and showing 117kt GS. I reported I was showing 179kts GS. Short...very short while later he was switching radio and reported he was 21 miles out, I was 24 miles, but on different paths. When I came over the ridge the DA-20 was 3 mile final for a low pass, Kurt in tow. I ended up slipping between them while Kurt extended a downwind for spacing. I'm hopeful someone was taking pictures, as I think I had one of my best landings ever.

Kurt on the ramp
IMG_20110813_090714.jpg

There was even an airshow....ok it was a powered chute, but it had elements of danger just watching it.:eek:
aviation2011063.jpg

Aurora enjoying the morning.
IMG_20110813_092135.jpg

Pitts on the ramp at home when I got back
aviation2011069.jpg

Great day to Fly Montana, once again. Thanks Kurt for the invite, I was going to sleep in and skip it all. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and get out there to enjoy yourself.

ps I had to go to work at noon, but wasn't so bad after the glorious morning.

pound them rivets, it'll help your soul

Least I can do................is show the airport... :)

It's a beautiful area, with a large river on the left side, which is barely in the pic.

j5cbwy.jpg

L.Adamson --- RV6A

yep that's the one. nice little place with a freshly resurfaced runway.

note to self: I need to get a wing cam to shoot these places

Kurt sent me a couple pics. Thanks Kurt

my phone camera washes out the color. Kurt managed to capture the purple nicely.
superiorramp.jpg

little wing rock as I was leaving.
flyby9S4.jpg

RE:Smiles and .......

Hi Brian

Man it sems like yesterday when you and your wife were checking out my project in Saint George ...... and now

You: playing hookie, flying a drop dead gorgerous aeroplane, with a great big grin.......

ENJOY

Frank @ 1L8 ... RV7A ...

Hey Frank, just saw your post. Was it Jan. '08 when I dropped by your place? or '07. You were getting close....well you had the engine on, cowl done, panel looked done. Yep seemed like I was a million hours behind you, now we're equals.....I have a cooling issue also;)

We'll have to meet up one of these days when I'm heading to Yuma or Hemet CA.