walkman

Well Known Member
The -8 I just picked up has a hard line for smoke plumbed to the rear baggage area with a quick disconnect, and power wired to the same area.

The current tank is a poor design with no hold downs or proper overboard venting.

I am planning on a -4 AN bulkhead fitting somewhere on the belly (cut diagonally a la -6 fuel tank vent), with flexible steel braid over nitrile rubber hose to a quick disconnect somewhere on the wall of the rear baggage area opposite side from the oil feed line. Then a -4 AN bulkhead fitting, 90 degree, and the same type hose to the opposite sex quick disconnect on the tank (easily removable).

Eventually I will run a permanent hose installation for an aux fuel tank to the same area. I plan on using the same vent line for either smoke or fuel, however the fuel line feed side (-6 AN) would be the opposite sex of the oil line to prevent accidentally feeding the wrong fluid into the exhaust or engine (either of which could be fatal).

Since the inside sides and floor of the rear baggage area are not removable, only a small access panel in the baggage area floor, I'm looking for suggestions on my plan and where to place external vent and route hose.

This is my first -8 modification, I haven't had it a week or even cleaned it yet :D