JBPILOT

Well Known Member
After having to crawl into the baggage compartment several times now, I can tell you I am VERY Glad I did not install the rear glass. I am about 6' tall, and crawling over the center section and into the rear IS NOT FUN, especially if you are not 25 any more. Just trying to help. The wiring first, then the rudder cables, then HS control cables, the control tubes - all require getting into the baggage compartment. I am considering turning the fuse on its side to get some of the things done, like under the dash putting clamps on to hold the wires over the rudder tubes in place.

Hope this helps.

John Bender

After having to crawl into the baggage compartment several times now, I can tell you I am VERY Glad I did not install the rear glass. I am about 6' tall, and crawling over the center section and into the rear IS NOT FUN, especially if you are not 25 any more. Just trying to help. The wiring first, then the rudder cables, then HS control cables, the control tubes - all require getting into the baggage compartment. I am considering turning the fuse on its side to get some of the things done, like under the dash putting clamps on to hold the wires over the rudder tubes in place.

Hope this helps.

John Bender

The manual calls for installing strings for pulling the cables through (at least it does for the rudder cables, it appears to be missing for the stab. cables. Another revision coming!)

Tail kit

I had strings for both sets from doing the tail. I just pulled both sets of cables into place this afternoon. ( part of the crawl inside the baggage compartment thing I was talking about ). Had to crawl in 5 - 6 times just for them. The cables would catch on something. Finally the wife helped, and it saved at least one trip 'in'.

John Bender

Have been on my side for awhile now...

I turned my fuselage on it's side quite awhile ago...it is much easier to work on wiring, fuel lines, controls. etc. on its' side.

Jay Sluiter
Albany, OR