flyvans.com

Well Known Member
hi,

i'm working on the center console, designing a bracket to mount the van's vernier style mixture control cable. in the plans it simply says "vary hole size for control cable"... also i couldn't find that in neither the catalog nor the forums.
what diameter hole is required for the control cable in a subpanel/panel?

thank you very much,

bernie

hi,

i'm working on the center console, designing a bracket to mount the van's vernier style mixture control cable. in the plans it simply says "vary hole size for control cable"... also i couldn't find that in neither the catalog nor the forums.
what diameter hole is required for the control cable in a subpanel/panel?

thank you very much,

bernie

My vernier mixture cable is not yet installed and has a thread diameter of 3/4".
That would be right at 19mm for you;)

Mark

Bernie,

I see you have a RV7-A. I also have a RV7-A and on my sub panel (I think it is one of the two F-756 panels), one of which is riveted to the sub panel and you have to mount platenuts for cushion clamps to hold the cable firmly to the sub panel. The other F-756 attaches to the main instrument panel. You drill holes in that for the throttle, mixture and other control cables.

I don't have the DWG number in front of me but it has your instrument panel and sub panel in the drawing with the process to install your controls.

hi carl,

thank you. i think that's the plan where it says "vary size for yadayada...." for the critical holes i was looking for. i'm building a custom center console, so installation varies somewhat, but needed to know how much mounting flange to provide. pictures to follow soon.

great forum, quick answers :)

bernie

1/2 & 3/4 inch

The cables from Van's that I just installed:

Throttle: 1/2 inch hole
Prop and Mixture: 3/4 inch hole

Make sure to leave enough space for the nut AND lock washer. One of my holes was too close, but I made it work anyway. Here are some pictures.

RV6A419ThrottleMount1.jpg

RV6A419ThrottleMount2.jpg

The cables from Van's that I just installed:

Throttle: 1/2 inch hole
Prop and Mixture: 3/4 inch hole

Make sure to leave enough space for the nut AND lock washer. One of my holes was too close, but I made it work anyway. Here are some pictures.

RV6A419ThrottleMount1.jpg

RV6A419ThrottleMount2.jpg

Why did you not go throttle-prop-mixture order?