avi8tor50

Well Known Member
Starting to fabricate all those pesky little parts required for instrument panel and subpanel attachment. Looking at the 7103B sub-panel attach angles. I understand you have to cut out sections of the aluminum angle. My question is:

1. How long is the angle to start with prior to introducing any curve to it?

2. Where does one find the lengths of the sections that you are required to remove?

3. How long are the remaining sections to which you attach the platenuts?

I have studied DWG 24 until my eyes are sore! Cannot find these dimensions. Thought you might just have to try and match things up with the holes in the instrument panel but that still does not really make for a very accurate way of doing things.

So--all you experts--please help!
Thanks so much!

sub-panel attach

If you're looking at dwg 24a, for the tip up, the dwg for the top angle (F-703B) that goes around the top of the instrument panel, the dwg is full scale, so measure it, but remember it is marked on the left of the dwg as "symetrical about centerline," meaning, the dwg is only 1/2 of total lenght...you can do the same for the cutouts. That is if I'm reading your question correctly...I'm looking at slider dwg now if they are different..
Good luck
Ron 9A
Finish/FWF

Check the fuselage crate one more time. The parts are supplied by Vans. Just add the platenuts.
Steve

Steve-you were absolutely correct.
Silly me! The instructions clearly stated that I would have to fabricate these parts from aluminum angle. But why would I follow those??!!
Sheesh! You'd think that Vans would have let me know! Being this far along in the kit I should know by now not to believe the instructions!

Thanks again.

PK