chazking

Well Known Member
I recently outlined the random ignition stumbles (ignition wire tie-wrap) and indicated I was tie-wrapping the ElectroAir ignition wires separately from each other.

The other day I had a severe oil leak, which is now repaired. Locally, I use a racing shop for parts (he carries Aeroquip). During the visit, I mentioned I was using the electromotive system and that it occasionally stumbles.

The owner recognized the issue immediately and mentioned that the trigger system (in this case the CSTW) wire to the controller should follow a completely separate path from the ignition wires. And, the path should not parallel the ignition wires.

He told me that the cross-over between the ignition wires to the timing wire is enough to make it stumble (randomly) and they resolved that issue with racing motors by using the separate path and separating the wires.

ElectroAir says the insulation on the CSTW should preclude the cross-over. But, I have my ignition wires tie-wrapped (figure 8) and they do not cross. Now, the CSTW wire is routed completely away from the ignition wires.

Thus far, no issues, but more time is required.

Ch