Top_prop

Well Known Member
MHO

Most of my Craftsman tools were purchased many years ago, and are still functioning (those that haven't been lost). My experieince over the years with the service and repair by Sears has been good. I read some of the reviews, and I am sure that some of these guys were mis-using the tool.
To step up to the next level, Snap-On, Matco, etc. would be a huge jump in price, but if you will be using these tools long after your RV is done (and you will a torque wrench, I would say go for it. However, keep in mind that unless you know the route of the Snap-On guy, you are going to have to chase him down if something fails. With Craftsman, you just go to the nearest store.
My opinion is: Go with the Craftsman. Treat your torque wrench with care, i.e.; use it and then put it back in your toolbox. ALWAYS "unwind" the torque setting before you store it. Keep it clean and do not use it (or use it minimally) to back off a bolt.
One last thing, no matter which wrench you go with, after you purchase it, have it callibrated. If you drop it or some such thing, have it's calibration checked again.
Happy torqueing!:)

I just picked up the center section of that tool box set on sale. It is their lowest line and has really crummy drawers. The next line up, which is what the rest of my set is, has the smoother quiet glides that don't stick and slide crookedly. Should have checked it our first... :(

Find an old one!

Want the best Craftsman roll-around tool box?
My Dad bought the one I have in the early '40s and believe me, it has seen some use The drawers still slide better then the new ones.

...and get it at...

Purchase a BEAM type. No calibration problems with them. In fact, you can use them to check a click torque wrench..........

...a bicycle shop....:)

http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?...escription=TW-1+Torque+Wrench&vendorCode=PARK

Park%20TW-1%20Torque%20Wrench.jpg

Park TW-1 for 1/4 drive and TW-2 for 3/8 drive.

In this case, I think the less moving parts the better....:D