Jeff R

Well Known Member
I started a fuel calibration for my Dynon Skyview. The left wing went great, allowing me to calibrate the guage every 2 gallons.

Then I did the right, but the sender voltage wasn't changing as fuel was added. The Dynon flagged me on this. My partner shook the wing a bit and the voltage jumped, but remained unchanged as we added more fuel. I terminated the calibration after 6 gallons and after more wing shaking didn't help.

The voltage reading was near what the other sender was indicating for a low fuel indication, so my guess is that the float is stuck or some how locked up. It has been in the wing for over 4 years. Any chance it might unstick itself over the next few days? I am sure not relishing having to remove the tank and tear into it!

Jeff,

I had the same problem just a couple weeks ago. I had to remove the tank and remove the float. The small card that has the resistive segments had shifted off center and the wiper was no longer in contact with it. No amount of shaking would have fixed it. I was able to recenter it, glue it in place and reinstall. Worked great afterwards, but DID require tank removal....not that big of a deal....couple hours tops....not including waiting for the Proseal to set up.