BruceMe

Well Known Member
ECi Stroker CC340 Update?

I'm making long term plans on an RV-3 kit I purchased for a future project. I'm vaguely considering making it a "Super-3" using a rebuild O-320 core with ECi CC340 cylinders, O-360 crank, etc... Seem the CubCrafter crowd still supports this engine (updates in 2014). Can I call up ECi and get these cylinders now that it's owned by TCM? Is this even wise? I'm not a performance nut.. but I know an honest 180hp fastback RV-3 would be pretty cool/unusual.

Thoughts and Thanks!

Last edited:
Your call!

I'm making long term plans on an RV-3 kit I purchased for a future project. I'm vaguely considering making it a "Super-3" using a rebuild O-320 core with ECi CC340 cylinders, O-360 crank, etc... Seem the CubCrafter crowd still supports this engine (updates in 2014). Can I call up ECi and get these cylinders now that it's owned by TCM? Is this even wise? I'm not a performance nut.. but I know an honest 180hp fastback RV-3 would be pretty cool/unusual.

Thoughts and Thanks!

I would E-mail or call, James Ball, Bobby Lopper or Jimmy Tubs and ask them, as that is the best source you will probably fine at "E.C.I" .
Yours, R.E.A. III #80888

They were cranking them out in mass when I toured the ECI factory last November. As the previous poster said, give ECI a call. They are located in San Antonio and are now part of Continental (TCM).