Rolly9

OK. I need some help. I am ready to run the engine for the first time, but when I went to check stuff, I discovered the strobes won't flash. Here is the setup.
I have a power pack located aftside of the Baggage Bin Bulkhead. It fires the tail, and then the L wing, r wing. The tail fires but not the wings. The wiring "ohms out" [continuity check]. The power pack checks out also - it fires the tail unit when plugged into the other sockets. Put a V meter at the wing plug and it is putting about 430V to that spot. What now?
Thanks,
Rolly Clark
RV-9
Almost there, I hope :(

how long have you had the lights?

I seem to recall somewhere in the documentation that if the lights have not been used in a number of months, you may have a problem, but can work through it with driving a single light and reforming,.. reminding, resetting the thing,...

Rolly,

What type of strobe power supply do you have?

If you are using one of the red ones like this Skybright, they can be programmed to flash in a give sequence, which could be your issue.

Rollie,

You didn?t mention your brand of strobe system or if you are mixing and matching power supply with lamp fixtures. From your description of being able to plug the rear unit into either of the wing plugs and have it fire, logically says the problem is most likely in your wing strobe lights or the wiring going to them. Since neither of the wing units work I would suspect a common wiring fault. You mentioned you ohmed the wires out to the wings and they appear good plus you have what appears to be the correct voltage so I would suggest you verify the proper pin connection at the lights. If you are mixing Whelan power supply with Grimes and SDI strobes, the trigger and ground wires, pin 2 (white) and pin 3 (black) must be swapped for them to work.