airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
I'm ready to close the VS on my 9A, and I intend to run a strobe on the tip. What have others been doing for preparations for running wires for the strobe - should I just install some flex conduit in the rib holes and leave plenty of room? Tips/hints/suggestions???

VS strobe

I would strongly suggest you reconsider placing a strobe at the top of your VS. If you're flying at night, the strobe will be highly visible to you through the canopy. Many pilots have found this to be anything but desirable. This is one of those times when I'd stick with the plans and put your tail light / strobe combo at the bottom of your rudder.

Just my 2 cents worth, of course.

VS Strobe

I'm ready to close the VS on my 9A, and I intend to run a strobe on the tip. What have others been doing for preparations for running wires for the strobe - should I just install some flex conduit in the rib holes and leave plenty of room? Tips/hints/suggestions???
Was going to place one in mine also until I talked to Van's. As Craig states, at night it'll drive you nuts. Makes sense after I thought about it with an all glass canopy.
Mike H 9A/8A

I would strongly suggest you reconsider placing a strobe at the top of your VS. If you're flying at night, the strobe will be highly visible to you through the canopy. Many pilots have found this to be anything but desirable. This is one of those times when I'd stick with the plans and put your tail light / strobe combo at the bottom of your rudder.

Just my 2 cents worth, of course.
The strobe will also reflect off the top of the wing.

Good points - and thanks to DR! Once again this site has proved its worth. It's time for me to send you another check.

i've read that its not a bad idea to at least run some flex up the vertical stab if for no other reason then a possible vid camera in the future. But hey i know nothing.