apatti

Well Known Member
All,
I have heard that some folks have a strobe power pack mounted in each wingtip rather than one centralized pack. I like the idea of the short run from the power pack to the strobe. Seems like it would be less noisy, RF wise. What source are you using for the dual power pack strobe systems?

Tony, I bought two Whelen Competitor series 2-outlet CS240 supplies at Southwest Public Safety for $89.95 each and 4 Whelen Strobe Tubes $19.99 each at STROBES N MORE. I might use two in each wing tip. Also I got the CreativeAir LED nav lights and 75w Lights.
Darrell
RV9A QB

Last edited:
Separate packs

I have 3 separate aeroflash strobe packs from Aeroflash. I like not running having to run the bigger wire bundle from pak to light.

However you still need to run wire (pos and gnd) enough power for 2.5 to 3 amps (about 18 gage min). It is about .43 lbs of wire for both wings and tail (I have a rudder bottom NAV/Strobe). I don't know how that compares to having a central pack.

As far as noise, if installed properly even the central system should be OK. I think it is personal preference.

George

Last edited:
I like remote systems, but to make um sync you have to run a wire between the two powersupplies anyway, so I think I'll end up going central. We put one in our cardinal with no ill effects.