Tomas J

I have a strange difference between the two fuel gauges. When I turn on the main power, both meters go slowly up to the right position, but when I turn it of, only one of them goes slowly down. The other one falls directly and has no attenuation at this time. Where is the problem, in the fuel gauge or transducer? Where is the attenuation? I have Van's fuel gauges and this old type of transducer.
niv%C3%A5givare.jpg

Troubleshoot

That sounds like a gauge problem to me. The sensor is nothing more than a wire wound resistor. You can check it with an meter.

The best way to troubleshoot is to switch the gauges and floats and see if the problem stays with the same gauge.

Don

Sounds like the meter lubrication is the issue. Nothing you can do about it other than replace the gage. I would swap with the other gage wires to verify.

If it is not a mechanical issue with the gage itself, it sounds like a capacitor is bleeding off after power is interrupted. That does not make a lot of sense because it would also have other, heavier loads on it to pull it down when power is removed.