n357sr

Does anyone know of a place to purchase a 4-5" straight tire chuck to air up the tires with the wheel pants still on?

I've been looking at local automotive specialty shops and no one has them. It can't be that hard to find.

Thanks in advance!

You can also screw two of the regular metal extensions together with some Loctite. I did this and it works great, for about $6.

For around the hangar, I grabbed one of these Amflo inflators ($25.95) from toolsource.com for use with the compressor. Local A&P recommended Amflo, and looks like high quality construction (metal housing, brass bar for the guage, versus plastic on the one I tried from Pep Boys first). Flexible hose works well through the fairing.

http://www.toolsource.com/tire-inflator-series-straight-tapered-chuck-p-50503.html

tirechuckve9.jpg

Picked up one of the Avery extensions for the road too!

Cheers,
Bob

Are you guys drilling a hole in the fairing or is there a way to get at the tire fitting with out adding a hole in the fairing?

Yep....

....a 1" hole and then buy a plug at the Local hardware store/aviation dept.:)

I also paint a white stripe on the tire sidewall that is straight down when the valve stem is aligned with the hole. Sure makes it easier to find the stem.

Regards,

NAPA AUTO PARTS HAS a nice rubber line that screws on. Check for an air extension for dual wheels. This works great beacuse the hose flexes just enough to allow connetion even if the stem is not lined up with the hole.

Tire Servicing

Are you guys drilling a hole in the fairing or is there a way to get at the tire fitting with out adding a hole in the fairing?

I have little hinged doors on all three wheel fairings for easy access.
I use the flexible extension from aircraftextras. :)