jeffmoreau

Well Known Member
I have a Superior XP 360 engine that I am getting ready to hang. My engine has two ports, either of which can be used for the oil pressure gauge.
I intend to use the one that exits directly towards the rear of the airplane.
Van's only supplies a 45 degree restrictor fitting in the FWF kit. I am trying to locate a straight one made of steel? I don't want to manufacture my own.
Is there such a fitting available. Please advise. I can't seem to locate one anywhere.

Hi Jeff:

I searched all over for one and couldn't find one. You will find some brass ones, but no steal ones. I was resigned to use the 45 degree one from Van's. Best of luck. If you find one please let us know!

Thanks for the reply. I searched on the internet from 8:00 pm until about midnight and I also had no luck. Does anyone out there in RV Land have a source. By the way did you put the 45 degree fitting in the side or rear port? Which way did you point it once installed?

Kind of hard to tell from this photo, but this is the only one I could find on my website:

2007-06-17.2100.jpeg

Hope that helps,

Thanks for the reply. What type o sealant did you use on the fittings? Did you use a sealant and an anti-seize compound?

I just used fuel lube. That black stuff is something superior had used before, but I couldn't remove it.

Jeff,

Give me a call tonight. I made mine from info in a Bingalis book. Piece of cake. All you need is a straight fitting and an AN-6 rivet.

523-5885

Easy

Local hydraulics shoppe

Get a straight fitting made of steel.

Braze (You could also use silver solder and a blowtorch) the nole up in the middle.

Drill a small hole thru the middle.

I didn't bother making restrictor..Mine is just a straight fitting without restriction.

the really neat thing is you can install with a deep socket even after the engine is hung.

Frank

I concur with Frank--- use a straight steel fitting and silver solder it shut, then drill with a number 60 bit. Been doing it for years, and it works fine.

Vic

Fittings

Jeff,

I think that you may have gotten the samples I sent you.
Please give them a look and let me know.

Regards,