Maxrate

Well Known Member
Patron
As hot and humid as it is here in South Texas I was a little concerned about how to store my completed empenage. Right now I put it in a garage loft and layed it on an old bed sheet. Any ideas on the best way to store finished parts in a hot humid environment.

Thx.

Storing parts

Mark,
I'll advise storing them high and dry, and make sure they are primed. Even if you are going to polish your plane, I would prime the sheetgoods with a coat of veriprime. It is very easy to remove when painting time comes. Don't make the mistake of wrapping them in plastic like I did!!

Regards,
Chris

store them in your house under your bed...anywhere but outside in the humidity. I live in Charleston, SC where you need scuba gear to go outside due to the humidity.

store them in your house under your bed...anywhere but outside in the humidity. I live in Charleston, SC where you need scuba gear to go outside due to the humidity.

That's funny Don. Thanks for the tips gents....:D

Don is not kidding about that, I was there last august for a few days and the sky was clear but the humdidity was so high it rained 3 times one day.