My sons project as come to a temporary halt. He has taken a job cross country and can't come home to work on it like he's been doing. I think it will be close to a year before he's able to find a place to work on it.

So far, all the tail feathers are built, and we had just started the wings. We were at the point of installing nutplates on the spars and assembling the tie-down brackets, so no major assembly of them yet.

My question is, what's the best way to store everything? The tail feathers are in a spare bedroom, and everything else is in the garage. Should I wrap everything back up in brown paper and put it back in the crates, or store everything in the spare bedroom until we can take it cross country?

Thanks,

Don't wrap your parts in brown paper. People who have done this in the past have pulled the brown paper off only to discover corrosion on their parts. It seems like the paper tends to hold moisture and as a result of corrosion Easly forms in your parts. my recommendation would be to store them without the blue vinyl on them someplace where they are not going to get bumped or banged into.

Like Aaron said, remove all blue vinyl, mark with sharpie and store in conditioned space. It will all be worth 5% more next year.

What!

Don't Stall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would pack it up and send it to Vlad!! He would make it in to an airplane in time for his return!!!

Noooooo!!!!!

Send it to Jay Pratt he has so many leftovers you might not need to buy fuse, finish etc :D