nmontei

I am looking into polishing my rv7 and putting vinal graphics on it, but i'm wondering how i keep the aluminum from tarnishing? Anyone have any ideas? THANKS EVERYONE WITH THE VINAL GRAPHICS WEB SITES

Nick

One good product would be some stuff called Ever Brite. It is a clear coating that can be brushed or sprayed on, is durable and easy to touch up. I'm using it on my various completed assemblies while they sit in the hangar and wait for the rest of the airplane to be built to protect them from surface corrosion.

On the Rebel Builder chat group there are many Murphy Rebel and Super Rebel (Moose) builders who use it as a coating on their floats because it is durable and easy to apply and touch up and is quite tough once cured. Polish the airplane to where you want it, apply Ever Brite and it will stay like that indefinitely.

For more information see http://everbrite.net.

Works for me, of course, your mileage may vary.

Steve

The best thing you can do is move to Arizona or Nevada (maybe New Mexico).

In all seriousness, this will only slow down the corrosion process. Every time you touch the bare metal, the sweat on your hands will stay on the metal and will eventually cause a hand shaped corrosion spot.

I really admire those that have bare metal aircraft and can keep them looking nice. Too much work for me, especially here on the Texas gulf coast.

Karl