n85pw

I'm New Here
I have an RV-4 with a sticky right brake and am inquiring the forum what additional actions should be taken to prevent this from continuing to occur. Here is my situation:

My RV-4 has a right brake does not always release after being depressed while taxiing. I often find myself having to do several circles to the right to eventually get the caliper to release. What i have done is switched the master cylinders (left side goes right and right side goes left) to see if there was a problem with the master cylinders. I have also replaced my brake calipers with brand new brake calipers. After all of those changes the right brake still hung up last night. Both of my brake pedals are firm when they are pressed and there isn't any squishiness in them.

I have used an anti-seeze lubricant on the posts of the caliper, which holes are not oblonged. My brake lines are aluminum from the firewall down to the brake caliper and are looped at the bottom of the wheel to allow the brake caliper movement as necessary.

Anyhow, I am perplexed as to why this still is occuring being that I have switched the master cylinders and have replaced the brake calipers. I do have a full castering tailwheel which is lubricated with oil and does not appear to be binding in anyway.

Any help or comments from the RV Forum would be much appreciated.

check the hoses

the hoses can break down inside and cause a check valve action. if you apply the brake and it sticks(acft jacked up) open the bleeder screw. if the wheel then turns freely suspect the hose. try swaping the hoses..minute possibility of trash checkvalving in which case i would suggest removing and flushing the line both directions..my suspicion is the hose,ymmv

I would say another possibility is some form of mechanical interference. Look for something loose that might be shifting and physically binding the brake pedal. Since you changed the master cylinder and the caliper and it doesn't happen every time, it may related to the movement of the pedal itself.