I would like to know what some of you other builders have used or plan to use for the stick grips on your RV-12. I have looked at The Ray Allen Company and Tosten web sights. A friend with an RV-6 has pitch trim, push-to-talk, and auto pilot disconnect on the left stick and push-to-talk only on the right stick. Let me know what you guys think.

For the 12 some have put coolie hats on the stick. I have not...the trim switch and the A/P controller are both within reach of both seats. I put your basic bicycle handle on mine while I thought it over. I have pretty well settled on the Ray Allen single PTT. The others are more than you need or require a mod to fit the stick.

Go with the Ray Allen single PTT grip. Very nice and a quality switch comes with the Ray Allen kit. One of my PTT switches supplied by Van's became intermittent after about 9 months.

Tosten

I've got the Tosten CS-8 for both seats in my -7 with the hat switch configured for pitch/roll trim and the buttons for A/P disconnect (Left button), Com1/Com2 swap (Right button), PTT (Trigger) and switch input to my AF3500 to change screen/ack alerts (Index).

It looks great, works great - the only criticism I have is the 'lip' leaves a nice bruise for my pax with larger thighs... :-(

We used Flight Grips...

I used Flight Grips out of Oregon. I put the radio TX on the trigger finger, the AP disconnect on the thumb on the side side and the nose trim on center. Yes, you can easily reach the trim and AP disconnect switches from either seat but 'everything at your fingertips' is really nice. The pitch trim is most useful without reaching. Total cost about $250. Value: Priceless! Remember guys and gals; you are likely going to spend at least $65K building your RV-12...five grand on nice touches makes one heck of a difference.

Jay and Carrie Sluiter
N124CS
Albany, OR (S12)

I used Flight Grips out of Oregon. I put the radio TX on the trigger finger, the AP disconnect on the thumb on the side side and the nose trim on center. Jay and Carrie Sluiter
N124CS
Albany, OR (S12)

I'm thinking of using a similar type of grip (probably Ray Allen G205 left seat and G101 right seat) to control at least the trim, and maybe some other functions. However the additional wiring concerns me a bit. Did you have any problems connecting everything up?
Has anyone else used the Ray Allen grips with additional functions?

Yes, Steve Wyman hooked his up like that...quite successfully. Send me a PM with your adds and I'll be glad to see if he wants to respond. Right now he is in rehab from back surgery but would probably enjoy a diversion.

I would like to know what some of you other builders have used or plan to use for the stick grips on your RV-12. I have looked at The Ray Allen Company and Tosten web sights. A friend with an RV-6 has pitch trim, push-to-talk, and auto pilot disconnect on the left stick and push-to-talk only on the right stick. Let me know what you guys think.

I have been using Ray Allen stick grips for many years. I find them to be comfortable, attractive, and have reliable, easy to use switches.