aerofurb

Well Known Member
I've emailed Flightline Interiors (who I'm sure you know make the seats for the 12) and enquired about the possibility of stick boots.

Looking at 412RV I felt that boots might be an idea to ensure nothing unwanted gets throught the stick hole and caught up with the controls.

I know we builders in the UK are allowed to modify our machines more than you guys are Stateside with the LSA rules, but I was wondering what sort of interest there would be in Flightline Interiors investigating this further. My idea would be something Velco'd onto the structure and ties round the stick.

They have spoken to Ken Kreuger who doesn't have any objections in principle - certainly for those of us outside the USA.

Any thoughts, suggestions, interest?

I had the same feeling about the gap at the control stick. Velcro or maybe adding some nutplates around the hole. So I'm interested.

Joeri, Netherlands.

I think they would be a nice addition for the interior also. They can be added to LSA after certification in the US for LSA. Stick boots would be more of an accessory than a mod.

Modification or accessory?

Hmmm...how do you decide whether something is a mod or an accessory? If you add Velcro around the stick holes, for instance. Or, if you drill holes somewhere in the cockpit for a fire extinquisher or for mounting a canopy hammer? I assume a mod would require a logbook entry? Would an accessory require a logbook entry if were permanently mounted with screws?

Just wondering,
Tony

I'll email Abby and let her know there is interest out there (and give her a link to this thread)!

Who invented Velcro anyway?! :)

Interior kit is now fitted in G-TWLV and paperwork off for processing with the authorities ready for the first flight.

I have to say the quality of the RV-12 Flightline Interiors kit is simply superb.

The stickboots simply fit with Velcro and cover what I consider to be an aperture that needs covering!

031dg.jpg

024ax.jpg

018fm.jpg

Really nice! Did they do the hole in the fuel tank cover, apparently for a Moeller gauge as well? My interior kit is still mostly in the box, so seeing the finished product installed was very impressive.

I cut the hole for the fuel gauge. The ring is made out of an auto tax disc holder we have mounted in our windscreens in the UK.

Carpet cuts really easily and the ring seemed to be a good way to have a neat edge.

Very nice indeed!

And your panel shows a lot of attention to detail as well. One of the nicest RV-12 Skyview panels seen yet. It looks like you have a nav/com radio. I miss VOR and LOC capability. Perhaps you would share panel details and additional pictures in one of the Skyview threads or start a panel thread.

Best wishes on your first flight and beyond,
Tony

The stickboots simply fit with Velcro and cover what I consider to be an aperture that needs covering!

Jerry, I assume the boots are not part of the standard interiors kit? At least I don't recall seeing them, but I'll check again. If not, they are now on my list of needed accessories.

Boots were designed by Abby at Flightline Interiors after a request by me - they aren't part of the standard kit so you have to order from Flightline.

Tony, I'll start a separate 'panel' thread. And as a quick thank you, your on line high quality photos have been so useful during the build!