prkaye

Well Known Member
I'm seriously considering painting myself with Stewart Systems (because of the non toxicity I can do it at home).
Are they generally good about replying to emails? I submitted one through the web interface the other day but haven't got a reply. Does anybody have a reliable email address from them?

Sewart Systems

Best to give them a call - it has worked for me every time. They are really good about giving you answers to your questions on the phone. Not so good about handling the e-mails, etc.

Thanks... one of hte things I'm looking for is a datasheet for their EcoPoly 2-part system. Strangely, that's the one datasheet that isn't on their website.
Anybody have a copy of this?

Hey Phil,
I think Dan and Margie are out of the office for 10 days. If you call you'll get someone (during normal business hours). I noticed that there wasn't a data sheet for the EkoPoly, too...but that didn't stop me from painting my airplane with their system.

I am 90% done and I am very impressed so far. It has a steep learning curve, but it's short. Meaning, that once you get the hang of it, it's easy to use.

I plan on posting a thread when I've got pictures for my paint project so I can share what I've learned about the SS paint system.

Go with Stewart Systems! I read all the "primer wars" on these forums and finally decided to go with the EkoEtch and EkoPrime products. They are absolutely great! Dilute the Etch 1 part etch to 2 parts water in a spray bottle. I started with a quart of the White primer but found it gets dirty quickly when assembling. My second quart was Smoke Gray, which is the perfect color. I'm going to order a gallon of it for the wings. I used the HPLV gun from HF and its works great! I have no orange peeling that I commonly heard of. It sprays evenly and dries quickly to the touch. I started by waiting 24hrs before assembling parts but found the primer could scratch. I then waited 48hrs and that was the tickets. Its hard as nails. Cleanup is a breeze and its not toxic. I would highly recommend Stewart Systems to anyone building.