Guy Prevost

Well Known Member
I had my 37th B-day a while back and the family surprised me with this. They had it made by a jeweler friend of theirs that makes sterling silver models of cars as a hobby / sideline.

Being something of a hop-head I turned it into a tap handle. I'm thinking I'll have to fill the keg with some Pick-Axe IPA from Socorro Springs Brewing to celebrate! ;)

367734775_6pYrG-L.jpg

367734805_Z476s-L.jpg

Guy -

That is awesome! You and I have two things in common - we both are building RV-8A's and brew beer. My tap handles are large R/C propellers cut in half.

SWEET

Too cool dude.Did you fly before painting Guy?George and I were wondering how far along you had gotten.We will be ready to hand-off your wing stands in a couple of months to the next victim.

Too cool dude.Did you fly before painting Guy?George and I were wondering how far along you had gotten.We will be ready to hand-off your wing stands in a couple of months to the next victim.

Hey Harland,

Glad to hear the wing stands have served you well. Nope, I haven't flown it yet. I would be flying it now if it weren't for paint though. Painting has been the most challenging (read: frustrating) parts of the project so far, so I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm really close to being done.
G

Guy,

That is one very special gift! I would like to contact your jeweler friend to see if he would make an RV-8A for me. Drop me a line at [email protected]. The next time you are in Durango give me a holler and we'll pull another unique tap handle at our hangar.

Jim Thornton
970-769-9830

I'd be interested also!

If your buddy doesn't mind you post his contact info here, I'd be interested in getting one also.

Are we all just a bunch of over achievers? I thought it was odd so many of us ride motorcycles but now we're all brewmeisters. You have me beat though growing your own hops. :)