ExtraKatana

Well Known Member
I have on my 05' 6A what appears to be the Std brass vans fuel selector (4 port). Starting to get slight leakage through the top onto fingers briefly (couple droplets) when swithing tanks. Is it easy enough to overhaul or should another be purchased and be done with it? Did a search and lots of info. on andair.....I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

Last edited:
They are very simple to take apart, clean up, and lubricate with some fuel lube. That will usually stop the leaking and make it easier to operate.

Vic

I have on my 05' 6A what appears to be the Std brass vans fuel selector (4 port). Starting to get slight leakage through the top onto fingers briefly (couple droplets) when swithing tanks. Is it easy enough to overhaul or should another be purchased and be done with it? Did a search and lots of info. on andair.....I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

Hi Tim, Looking at the picture, this should be really simple to resolve. You don't even need to remove the valve..... but, your tanks must be down to only 2.5 gallons each, or drain if it makes you feel better. Back off the screw that holds the pointer - handle, and lift up in the handle.... maybe tap a little till it releases from it's taper. Don't remove the handle. Place a wrench on the flats of the valve cap that is just under the handle and unscrew it. Now grab the handle and lift up.

You will find a cap "O" ring, and a shaft "O" ring. Notice there is a grove in the body that the detent plate tab must fit into to re-assemble. These "O" rings can be purchased at any hardware store. Do not use any lube, even fuelube on the nylon cone...... Install it dry.