Steve

Well Known Member
How are you guys routing the Van's static tube around the F705 (seat back) bulkhead? Through it? Around it? The prints make no mention of a snap bushing hole, as in the aft bulkheads.

Thanks,
Steve
fitting the wings any day now.

1/4" hole in upper left corner.. if you're building a tipup, the hole goes through that fat angle.. See Walter's site for pics.

Not sure why Van's just "forgot" about the static line starting with 705 and going forward.. plans are great for everything behind of 705..

Yeah you wonder why Van's left that out. Here's a pic of mine... a little bigger than 1/4 for the snap bushing. I filed off the tangs on the snap bushing and epoxied the snap bushing in with a little JB Weld.

Since mine was a QB, had to use some cherry max rivets on that angle.

img_6645.jpg

Last edited:
Bob Collins said:
FYI, the last issue of Van's RVator had a disseration about this.
[/url]

Bob,

What issue was that? I don't remember seeing the story either. Did a new RVator just come out?

Thanks,

Mark

rv9builder said:
Bob,

What issue was that? I don't remember seeing the story either. Did a new RVator just come out?

Thanks,

Mark

1st issue, 2006. And yes, the 2nd issue just came in my mail yesterday. Some great reading where Van takes on some of the "bad" modifications that people doing on their RV's.