Does anyone have any info on the static pressure error corrections for the standard static ports on an RV6?

Any help/info appreciated!

JP

Does anyone have any info on the static pressure error corrections for the standard static ports on an RV6?

Any help/info appreciated!

JP

Because these airplanes are hand built in uncontrolled circumstances, the data from one will not be accurate for another.

You need to flight test and establish what the numbers are for your airplane.

Because these airplanes are hand built in uncontrolled circumstances, the data from one will not be accurate for another.

You need to flight test and establish what the numbers are for your airplane.

That's of course true in principle, but unless really badly built, and if built with Vans standard static ports things are not going to be so different. Establishing PECs across a range of speeds and heights and flap configurations through flight test is non trivial, however I'm hopeful someone (Vans even?) might have done this for the RV6?

Flight Test Required

You need to test to determine static source pressure error for your specific airframe. It's a 3 step process covered in previous threads: ground test (leaks/ASI error), flight test (low/fast "coarse" check, GPS runs at multiple altitudes "fine" adjustment), and data reduction. Wash, rinse, repeat if you make adjustments.

Basic installation per plans generally gives good performance. Proper pitot/static flight test is tedious and can burn quite a bit of 100LL to really dial a system in, but unfortunately, every RV is different, so there isn't a set of standard data.

Drop a PM or email, and I'll share a spreadsheet that can help with data reduction or answer your questions if you decide to test after you've reviewed the previous threads on the topic.

Cheers,

Vac

Thanks but that thread doesn't have what I'm after which is actual static pressure error correction data!

I don't believe there is such data. That was my thread they linked and I have confirmed, through testing that my issues are 100% static error based. These errors are caused by high or low pressure zones at or near the static port(s). The 6 seems more susceptible to this and I have heard of both high and low pressure instances, so there is no common issue and related fix.

You have no choice but to adapt, test, repeat until you find the specific pressure correction for YOUR plane. It can't be addressed with data, as the error is not common across planes.

Larry

Coaxial Pitot and static

You can always opt for a pitot tube that has the static ports built in on the same shaft.