paul330

Well Known Member
I am well advanced with the tailcone and am about to fit the plumbing for the static. Does the T-fitting joining left and right need to be central or can I route the right side all the way across and T it next to the left side port?

Static Lines

I routed mine to a central point at the top of the fuselage. That way any water that got blown into the port would drain out.

Put you tee just above the port, right side is the easiest to run the line up front. Like Rene said, with the tee above water can not get trapped . Mine is about 3 inches above the port, zip tied to the bulkhead up around to the left side. I wrapped the line with silicone tape at the zip ties to prevent chaffing but you could slip some teflon tube over the line IF you thought about it before plumbing the lines:rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies. The question I really had was does the tee need to be central to balance the static from the 2 ports or can it be to one side - which seems to be the case?

If 10 is like other RV's such as a 7

After reading other threads on the subject, I prefer the "one side" mounted tee rather than the central tee. The central tee would have more of a chance to trap moisture (condensation perhaps?) between the tee and the instrument panel. There is practically zero mass flow rate through the static lines, so the differential length of lines from the tee to the skin ports would not affect the pressure readings.

Last edited:
Thanks for that link, Mike - gives all sorts of info. Since I don't anticipate doing to much side-slipping, I'll stick with the side-mounted tee. In any case, as is pointed out, the pressure instruments are goping to be off anyway.