lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
Could I know your ideas to clamp my static line & wiring into the fuselage tunnel ?

Can I drill some small holes for Ty-Rap into the fuse longerons ?

How you did ?

Thanks in advance

I drilled some small holes in the bulkehead that connects the 2 static ports togethers. I used small tie-wraps there.

On the longerons, I used Van's advice to make little curled aluminum clips, and affixing them to the longeron with an existing hole for a side panel rivet (don't have a photo handy). "Curl" may not be the correct descriptor, but basically the aluminum clip closes on itself to hold a cylindrical object. Basically, every few inches or so rivets that hold the longeron in place, I will have used a slightly longer rivet, and riveted the clip to the longeron. The curl is almost closed, allowing you to insert the tubing in it, and pinching (the aluminum) closed. Works well, little weight, no extra holes.

I drilled #40 holes in the web of the J-section longerons and attached the wires and tubes with small zip ties. No more than two holes between fuselage frames were needed.
Jim Sharkey

Luca,

Here are some pictures of how I did it:

Note hot the Tee is above the left static port. This means water would have to work its way up six inches +/- before getting into the static lines.