9Abuilder

I'm running the static line in my 9A today. I've installed the ports, run the connecting line between the ports, and started running the line forward. I've found the various drawings running the static line through the 706 bulkhead at the baggage section, but I can't find where to fun the line from there. I know others have made the leap from the 706 bulkhead to the pitot line and to the panel. Do you run through the floor tunnel or drill extra holes in the bulkhead and along the longeron? I'm looking to you for help.
9A Builder

I just am at the point of putting the rear and center fuselage sections together. From doing a fair amount of searching and reading various builder sites, it looks like a 1/4" hole can be drilled through on the F-705 bulkhead near the top. I did this on mine before I put it all together (better access for drilling).
No need for a snap bushing where it is supported by the F-705G angle, and keeping the hole just to the diameter of the tubing looks like it will work fine.

Longeron

I ran the static line underneath and inside of the left upper channel, or maybe it's name is "longeron"? Anyway; it's the one where the canopyframe will rest on when in down position.

To support it, I drilled a few 40 holes and used strip ties to secure it in place.

I ran it above the support channel (the vertical chanel by the wingspar you poprivet in place) where I ran it inside a rubber-tube to prevent chafing.

From there, I continued to run it inside and underneath the left upper chanel until it came out by just aft of the instrument panel.

In short: I ran it in a straight, hidden line from where it exited the 706 bulkhead until it reached the area behind the panel.

Thank you for all your help. I've drilled the hole in the 705 bulkhead and zip-tied the tubing to the underside of the longeron/channel between 705 and 704. I put two small pieces of heat-shrink tubing around the static tube where it crosses over the left 704 upright. This should protect the tubing from wear. Looks like it work great.
9Abuilder

info

If you are going dynon, you dont need to run any of them forward. The ahars goes behind the baggage area so, unless doing some steam, no need to run pitot or static forward at all.

skyviews dont.

The skyview gets pitot and static to the adhars box only, please correct me if I am wrong but thats the way the install manual reads and my routing is done.

Does anyone know if the particular installation of the static line, (1/4" hole near top of F-705 bulkhead), mentioned here, will interfere with the tipup canopy hardware or operations?

Thanks,

Drill per the Vans instructions in Bob's posting

If you follow Van's guidance in Bob's posting, you will not have any issue with tip up interferance.