SmittysRV

Well Known Member
Before I post my question, I want say how grateful I am for Doug Reeves website. I don't know how I could have gotten this far on my RV without consulting this forum and reading the inspiring stories on the home page. Doug, You ARE the man!

Now, for my question. I've started on Van's static kit. Am I supposed to use these little clear plastic dodads on all the ends of the "T"? It seems that the clear rubber tube fits tightly on the "T" without the dodads (technical term). Also, is this kit OK to use with the Dynon?

20100511_11.jpg

The little "Doodads" go inside the ends of the Nylon tubing after you put the Nylock nut and ferule on. You're right that the clear tubing goes directly onto the barb'ed "T". I am not sure how they want you to connect the clear tubing to the Nylon tubing.....

The clear tubing goes from pop-rivet/static port to the t-fitting. The nylon line runs from the t-fitting forward. I was concerned about the clear tubing but it seems to be working fine in the -6A; nevertheless, I am exploring alternatives for the -10. I ended up not using the plastic ferrules at all because the connectors I got had their own.

Upgrade

I bought and used the safe air kit. I got their kit and the dynon angle of attack kit, alt air kit from Avery. Very simple, easy to use and not that expensive. Seemed like a good place to blow a few bucks but feel it was a worthwhile improvement.