339A

Well Known Member
People of the list...

I know that the State of Colorado has an Aeronautics division of the DOT. Here is the link,

http://www.colorado-aeronautics.org/default.htm

You will notice that from that link you can order, free of charge, a State Aeronautical Chart. I would think that all 50 states have something similar. These types of charts are very handy for planning purposes. There is also a lot of good info on the airports and what is going on in that State. Seeing that RV?s are great cross country machines I for one would like to get as many of the State charts as possible.
The idea here would be to have a section for listing the links to the Aeronautical Division of each States DOT and if they have a map, a means to obtain one. Doug?s assistance will obviously be required here. Anyone else like this idea?

Scott Mills
339A Flying

Louisiana Pilot

The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development publishes a very nice state aeronautical chart. I sent an e-mail to the aviation director asking how to order the chart. This is his response:
"We hope to have one ready for distribution by April. At that time, please e-mail Ms. Vickie Carter at [email protected]. She will be happy to send you one of the new charts."

The aviation web site does not provide a means to order the aeronautical chart.

Here's a quick link to a lot of sites...

I did a quick Yahoo search for "State Aeronautical Charts", and got this "clearinghouse" site. Now if someone is stuck indoors with lousy weatehr (we have perfect flying weatehr today - I'm outa here!), they can mine it for charts...

Great idea for a thread by the way!

Paul