docrick

After sorting the dizzying array of platenuts and stuff I'm ready to go. The instructions after countersinking the spar for the AN426 rivets for the platenuts tell us to "spot prime" the countersunk holes prior to riveting.

I've never read anywhere in the wing construction threads where folks have done this. I realize that when countersinking that beautiful gold anodized monster I expose bare aluminum.

Has anyone else "spot primed" these countersunk holes? and if so did you use the same primer you always use or some rattle can that can make quick work of the issue?

Thanks.

Rick

Rick,

I just used some leftover primer that I had from priming some other wing parts and used a Q-Tip to dab the primer into the countersunk rivet holes along the wing flanges. No big deal.

Mike

I shot it with some NAPA 7220.

1001205ib3.jpg

Used 7220 also - at first, I tried being clever by shooting through a paper with a hole punched out as a template. Like anyone will see it, so I just sprayed down the row as I became grey and wise :).

I did as they suggested

I used a self etching rattle can, taped off the surrounding areas and sprayed a continuous line down the spar.