JohnF

Well Known Member
i just ran into the same problem others have regarding the 992-819 starter relay having 'ears' that have holes spaced 1+21/32nds apart that are to be connected to firewall nutplates that are spaced 1+14/32nds apart. I think there was some talk a while back about an adapter plate, but it seems easier to just take a round file and 'slot' the ears of the realy...those round files are sometimes called "hole movers"

Anyone see a problem handling it this way?

I removed the offending material as to provide a fit without adding the extra flange. I have 40 hours of flying now so I think this way is well tested. File away, although I used a die grinder and a beveled carbide burr. ;)

Starter Relay Won't Fit = Resolution

After 5-minutes of work the holes were elongated and the relay installed. Than I found the adapter kit that Van had sent...forgot I had it...after looking at it, I think elongation of the holes is a better fix. But if anyone wants that adapter kit I will send it to you..I won't need it.

After 5-minutes of work the holes were elongated and the relay installed. Than I found the adapter kit that Van had sent...forgot I had it...after looking at it, I think elongation of the holes is a better fix. But if anyone wants that adapter kit I will send it to you..I won't need it.

Just think of the weight savings! :D