Martyrv6a

Well Known Member
I have a starter than looks like a Skytech but could also be the type of starter that Auto-Express sells as an airboat starter on Ebay. Anyway, here a picure and you can see the flywheel/ring-gear has a hugh interference issue. This starter came with my engine but was not mounted at the time and I was advised it belonged to my engine. Unfortunately I didn't trial mount this before having it rebuilt (original was 24v and I needed 12v) and this is now where I"m at. Besided trashing this and getting a new starter, does anyone know the origin of these starters, as they used on some autombile and so when mine rebuilder 'rebuilt' my starter he may have given me the wrong "exchange" unit? Marty in Brentwood TN

Marty, I have a starter from auto-express and it fits perfectly on my O-360... There are no labels on it, but it looks exactly like Skytec Original HT model.

Right tooth count? It looks like the starter *MIGHT* be a 122tooth starter, but i'm not really sure. See if you can find another start to just dry-mount and see if it's the engine or the starter.