c177tx

Well Known Member
I Just hit the start button on the fax machine this afternoon, to send in the order form for my -8 empennage. Looking at that start button I paused for several seconds, wondering how long, and what lies ahead of me before I will be able to hit the start button on my future -8. It has been a long time of mental preparation and research. But the time has come to say d***n the torpedo's full speed ahead and start building..

Last edited:
I Just hit the start button or the fax machine this afternoon, to send in the order form for my -8 empennage. Looking at that start button I paused for several seconds, wondering how long, and what lies ahead of me before I will be able to hit the start button on my future -8.

For me, it was only 5,781,600 minutes, plus or minus a few, but then I wasn't particularly fast! :D

L.Adamson RV6A

CONGRATS!

Working on a -9a just south of Austin, but with a little advance notice, I'm available to assist with those jobs which absolutely require two people! :D

Congrats, Garrie. You're in for a great experience.

I'm about to hang the engine on my 8QB in Round Rock. There are a number of 8's in the Austin area and many more 7's. In fact the other EAA Tech Counselor in the Austin area (Seth Hancock) just finished a 8A earlier this year.

Be sure to visit with one of the folks above (or myself) before you get too far into the build process if you haven't attended a builder's workshop or have little prior experience. This can possibly save you some time (and perhaps some $$ for replacement parts).

Congrats for taking the step Garrie! Was it the Hilltop Lakes experience that tipped you over the edge?

The VAF Cavalry rode again this week - sorry you weren't around to Join us, but Louise and I had a great time on the all-day trip way out in the park.

We expect to see your new RV there in a couple years....or less!

Paul

Thanks for the replies and words of encouragements from all. And Thanks to VAF for this web site as it has helped me meet builders in my area. The Life of Reiley in Round Rock, and Thallock, both opened their Homes and workshops, and had the answers to my many questions. I have owned my old Cardinal for the past 19 years and have enjoyed flying it, and will keep it as my pickup truck. But watching the "Valkyrie" blast out of Hilltop Lakes convinced me that I would like somthing a little faster. I hope that I have the empennage finished by the time the VAF Calvary rides this winter, then on to the wings.

Garrie,

I can't wait to see the smile on your face when that tail kit starts coming together! You will make us all proud...:D