AltonD

Well Known Member
I decide to go with AFS-3500 EFIS/Engine monitor,
Garmin 430W GPS, 347 Audio Panel, SL30, 327 transponder, a CDI for the 430, and the servo/install kit for a trutrak AP.

I had Stark order up the servos, EFIS, trays, audio panel, and CDI and wire them up.

I picked up the trays, audio panel, and CDI package today. I am fortunate and live 2 hours south of Columbus.

I toured the shop and talked with Tony at length, John for a brief moment.

FIRST RATE. Beautiful hangar and shop. have they let it out that they can cut your panel from a CAD drawing? The harness is exactly as requested. Everything is clearly labled. Tony was very helpful.

I still need to purchase the 430, sl30, 327. My preference. I would rather be without than be letting my warranty expire while I build on. The AFS-3500 is in transit from Oregon. One the downside, no fault to Stark, I walked off and left the servos sitting at the shop. They will have to ship those to me.

All in All, I am pleased with the money I have spent.

Last edited:
AltonD said:
I decide to go with AFS-3500 EFIS/Engine monitor,
Garmin 430W GPS, 347 Audio Panel, SL30, 327 transponder, a CDI for the 430, and the servo/install kit for a trutrak AP.
With the ARINC 429 interface for the AFS-3500, you may not need that CDI for the 430. AFS promises this "any day now."

Hi,

I have talked to Rob H at AFS. The 429 is working and they are getting ready to ramp up for production. Very exciting stuff. A great time to be building!

w1curtis said:
With the ARINC 429 interface for the AFS-3500, you may not need that CDI for the 430. AFS promises this "any day now."
Yes, I will be adding the interface. But, I just like having the CDI. I guess it just makes me feel better. I have the affordable panel, modular panel. If I decide that I don't need it, I will just replace that one pane and sell the CDI. I had Stark go ahead and run out the second set of leads for the arinc-429 interface.