n5lp

fugio ergo sum
The turn out at the monthly (first Saturday of every month) Artesia, NM fly-in was light today. The hit was Marnie and Russ Dent's (russd) RV-9A that came over from Las Cruces, NM.

IMG_0180.jpg

This airplane took about two years to build and has been flying for about a year. O-320 and Catto prop with Sam James cowl and plenum.

IMG_0187.jpg

Incredibly, this airplane was painted in the backyard. Marnie says she is more of a riveter than a bucker.

IMG_0188.jpg

My old RV-6 and I are feeling pretty dated from seeing what is the standard way of doing things these days.

I really enjoyed visiting with Marnie and Russ today. They added a lot to the breakfast.

It is gorgeous!.....

......and it flys as good as it looks too. I only hope mine comes out as well as Russ and Marnies did.
It should, it's taking me long enough:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Great Breakfast Flight

Thanks to Larry's previous trip reports and great photos, we had to fly out and meet the person behind the name (and check out the Artesia fly-in). Glad we did. I'm thinking there will be more breakfast runs to Artesia and a trip to Carlsbad in our near future. ;)

You guys are awfully generous but it does fly well. We're really starting to enjoy it.

Rats

The Artesia fly-in had a real nice RV contingent this morning, mostly from the El Paso area. I thought I got lots of good pictures but pilot error caused me to only get some poor video. So captures from the videos are all I ended up with.

Artesia1.jpg

I really wish I would have gotten good photos of Charley Veale's RV-6A. The panel is beautiful classic steam gauges and the airframe is a meticulously constructed slow build. O-320 with Sensenich fixed pitch. Unfortunately, Charley needs to sell his classic low time RV.

Artesia2.jpg