larrynew

Well Known Member
Please critique my wiring run for my stall warning. It comes up through the spar as called for in the plans. I didn't want to take it straight up as I was worried about conflict with the bellcrank. I added an optional snap bushing per the plans and brought it up on the other side of the rib and into my conduit. Not a lot of experience with wiring stuff and looking for a frame of reference while we're looking for a new Tech Counselor for our chapter.

It's:
1. Terrible. An accident waiting to happen. You need to ___.
2. Fine. No problems. Looks about right.
3. Totally over thought and over kill. You're not building a watch.

Thanks!

IMG_0197.JPG

About the only thing I can see wrong with it is there's a (slim) chance of the wire abrading from the contact with the curly conduit. It'll probably never happen, yadda yadda, but I'd be inclined to pull through an extra inch or two and secure it to the bulkhead, such that it exits the conduit in a straightish line, not a sharp angle.

Another optino is to cheap-out and wrap some tape around it to protect it a bit more.

Critique

No, you're not building a watch, you're building an airplane! So any care you can take in preventing relative movement, damage from vibration, etc. is a good thing. I suggest you isolate the stall warning wire from the pitot line with a couple of tie wraps, one around the aluminum tube, then another tie wrap through the first tie wrap then around the stall warning wire, then pull both tight. Also consider an adel clip between the stall warning wire and the rib (hard to tell how long the wire is at this point, give it a wiggle and see how much it moves), and maybe a rubber grommet where the wire enters the corrugated conduit.