Iluke

Well Known Member
I'm tidying up the inside of my left wing in preparation for closing up the bottom skins and I'm looking for hints on how others have led & secured the stall warning wire that comes through the spar right next to the aileron bell-crank.

I have Vans wiring conduit installed and plan to lead this wire up and into the conduit and out through the wing root, but I don't want it just flopping around in wing bay with the aileron hardware.

Any good suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks
-Ivan

No pictures, but I didn't want to punch into the conduit half way out, so I put small snap bushing into the tooling hole directly in the center in front of the hole in the rib where the push rod goes through. Then I just ran the single wire through that set of bushings all the way to the root. Then I put an Adel clamp above the top of the hole for both that wire and the pitot / aoa lines to clear the pushrod. Finally I entered the fuselage behind the pushrod with my lights and other wires.

Stall wire

No pictures, but I didn't want to punch into the conduit half way out, so I put small snap bushing into the tooling hole directly in the center in front of the hole in the rib where the push rod goes through. Then I just ran the single wire through that set of bushings all the way to the root. Then I put an Adel clamp above the top of the hole for both that wire and the pitot / aoa lines to clear the pushrod. Finally I entered the fuselage behind the pushrod with my lights and other wires.

With all the glass panel electronics, I chose to both locally ground and run a dedicated ground for the stall switch so there are two wires twisted then routed per Vans through a snap bushing in the spar web. From there, I used a solder pen to drill a hole in the conduit. It enters the conduit 1/2" from the rib and routes through to the root. Seems pretty stable and easy to see inside the access panel. The bigger problem was routing the SafeAir tubing so it wouldn't get close to the bellcrank.