bhassel

Well Known Member
After some head scratching I believe I have the layout of the washers for the stall warning switch, but thought I'd run it through the group...

Stall+Warning+Washers.png

Bob

Last edited:
Bob
I just installed mine a month or so ago. I don't recall having any problems during assembly, and once I installed it, the stall vane clicked without binding. These are more questions than answers.......maybe install the washers so everything is symmetrical. For example, maybe use the 4 green ones on each side (for both screws) of the VA-195B?? Sorry I cant more accurately recall how I did mine.

another thought: You can cleco it into place on the wing and see if the vane moves freely and clicks like it should. I believe that is what the washers are there for??

After some head scratching I believe I have the layout of the washers for the stall warning switch, but thought I'd run it through the group...

Stall+Warning+Washers.png

Bob

Last edited:
Ditto about the centering

When assembling my stall warning switch, everything worked when using the washers as shown in the prints ? however, the vane was closer to the inboard edge of the cutout in the leading edge than I would have liked. Washers were added to bring the vane more towards center of the slot.

Both screws the same: 5x 432p / switch / 3x 432p / 1x 416P / VA-195B / 1x 416P / nut.
When you look at the drawing you can see the thin (416) and thick washers (432).

I think your interpretation of the washer placement in your drawing is incorrect. Look at the Van's plan sheet drawing and closely look at the thickness of the washers as depicted It is subtle, but the thickness of the depicted washers shows the proper orientation of the washers.

Thanks guys! You're correct, I've updated the photo in the first post. I'm glad I posted this question.

Bob