lawspud

I've installed my stall warning switch assembly. When I did the wing skin test fit, everything seemed fine. The pre-activation travel is pretty minimal and there is no binding or obstruction.

My only question comes because the switch vane rests on the bottom of the cutout in the wing skin. Is this a no-no?

2cf45lw.jpg

(In case you can't see it, the vane is touching the bottom of the hole as it comes through the skin.)

If it will not touch the bottom of the cutout the vane will be blown back when flying. It is supposed to be so. The vane can also be adjusted afterwards. I took mine out after a test fit. Will put it in again after painting.

I agree. It looks fine. Leave it alone till you fly it and test it in the air. You will have to be able to make the horn go off in your inspection by lifting it with your finger. Mine actually ended up going off two or three knots before the buffeting...which is just fine with me.

As a suggestion, deburr the protruding stall warning arm and put a little radius on the corners. This does not affect performance and it will keep you from cutting yourself and tearing a hole in your pants, not that I would ever do that. :rolleyes:

Last edited: