Rivet

Dimple skin and install flush rivets. I used C-frame and small diameter set. Align the skin and rivet carefully in the C-frame and smack a few times with a hammer. Looks good to me.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=71738

Guys, not trying to be a pr...k or anything, just illustrating a point - I assume that the reason that you are not installing the stall warning device in the holes is because you have an alternate (better) stall warning - AOA, EFIS or other??

Definitely a good question/point (although it my be a little OT for this thread?). I plan to use an AOA/EFIS system, that was my decision behind not installing the stall warner from Van's. Some guys do both...but I agree, some kind of stall warner system should be installed IMHO.

Thanks and sorry Ron

and again, not trying to be a pr..k or a snitch. Just thought it was a timely co-incidence that your innocent thread got started right in the middle of all of these other thorny threads. Could'nt pass it up!

and again, not trying to be a pr..k or a snitch. Just thought it was a timely co-incidence that your innocent thread got started right in the middle of all of these other thorny threads. Could'nt pass it up!

no problem at all, I dont mind the question one bit. I know what you're saying, things are a little 'heated' on the ol' forums at the moment, to say the least. :)

AFS AOA instead

An AOA instrument was one of the first things I bought for my plane-to-be (thanks VAF forum). I didn't know the kit came with a stall warner. Decided I didn't need both.

I am using the Dynon AOA system, so what I have done is scuffed up the inside and put a line of fine glass on the inside.

Will then fill from outside.

Didn't want to dimple and rivet as there is no support behind the skin to prevent denting.