claycookiemonster

Well Known Member
So, my pneumatic squeezer fell off my workbench. Fortunately it didn't "clang" onto the bare concrete floor, it thumped onto some rubber padding I had put down. Nevertheless, it immediately began leaking air. The leak comes from the valve/plunger (adjacent to the air input) that is depressed by the trigger. It still works and the leak stops when the trigger is depressed and the squeezer extends, but the plunger is very slow to retract and the air leak begins immediately after releasing the trigger.

It's a generic Avery squeezer, about 12 years old and only recently put back into service after 5 years sitting in the drawer. It doesn't look very easy to disassemble or open, so...?

Anyone with air tool experience have any idea what's going on here? It feels like it's still usable, but clearly something happened when this hit the mat.

Squeezer

Mine started leaking after I loaned it out . I took the area you are speaking about apart and replaced the o-rings . I have a tray of o-rings and find them very handi for things like this .
Tom

Send it home to Bob Avery - it will come back as good as new in about a week and the cost is pretty reasonable when you amortize it over those twelve years....

Amen to what Paul said, I borrowed a squeezer from a builder who was finished and it barely worked. one call to Bob Avery and it was fixed, painted, new decals and a replaced parts bag showing every thing he replaced. I used to to build my 7 and now others are using it.

Smilin' Jack