Flyguytki

Well Known Member
So I have been working on the Rear spar pretty much all day today and after letting the primer dry I started assembly. Everything can be done with the squeezer so I started on the W-707 D and G to the spar, these are -8 rivets and the squeezer had no problem with them, after those were done I moved on to riveting the rest of the fork to the spar with -6 rivets and the squeezer did not have enough force to squeeze them. Air is comming straight from the tank at 120psi so I am confused on whats going on. Anyone ever experience this or know why this might be??
-david

First 120 psi is too much pressure. 80 psi will work fine for most rivets. You may have to go to 90 for some #4 rivets.

Ninety nine time out of a hundred squeezer problems are incorrect adjustment. The squeezer will only apply max force a a certain point. If you have it adjusted too close, it will not squeeze the rivet. Try backing off on the distance.

Ninety nine time out of a hundred squeezer problems are incorrect adjustment. The squeezer will only apply max force a a certain point. If you have it adjusted too close, it will not squeeze the rivet. Try backing off on the distance.

+1

What Mel said.