MartinPred

Well Known Member
Sponsor
For those of you following the saga of my RV-4 in Vegas, here's an update: I was finally able to move the plane out of the North Las Vegas Airport down to Jean (see photo) and I'm ready to install the Catto three-blade.

After going round and round with the Vegas FSDO, it became clear that I wasn't going to be able to get approval to fly the airplane out of VGT with the Catto. So I ordered a brand new Sensenich wood which was the same prop I had on before the prop strike, so--according to the FAA--there was no need to re-issue my operating limitations with an accompanying reversion to Phase I. Not the outcome I'd hoped for--but Kudos to Sensenich for having the prop to me three weeks after I ordered it (I explained my situation and they were happy to expedite).

On the upside, if anyone is looking for a new two-blade wood prop, I can probably cut you a deal.

So now that the airplane is liberated from VGT, I'd like to put the Catto on and do my five hours of flight testing. Is there anyone (preferably an A&P), who can help me install the Catto at Jean? I just want to make sure we've got it right before we go flying.

Please drop me a line or call me at 702-324-8576 if you can help.

-Matt
402BD

LemonSqueezeatJean.jpg

Last edited: